The Found Forgotten on the Discarded



This is my current project working with representation of the found trash washed on our beaches.
I enjoy the intimacy of the objects, their physicality and particularly the first impression given on their discovery. I cherish the primacy of the application of the paint unctuosity, every time I sketch the found on re-purpose brown paper bag. There is a non-preciousness in my process that allows freedom on my part and to others viewers, that engages with my philosophy regarding the unnoticed imperfectness. The Wabi-Sabi in the found has a lot more to say then the perfect noticed.
There is a deep appreciation in the everyday rhythm of my practice, in seeking and showing the found.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

News and more...

Oceans

Dismantling