Plastic Portraits









These portraits in a sense interrogate our social landscapes of consumption

I have been traveling for a month long everyday  from Bethesda - Friendship Height metro station to Rhode Island stop and then take the bus down to 34th St off Rhode Island avenue twice a day. During these trips I had the occasion to see all kind of characters coming in and out of the bus and being the minority aboard the bus in this area.
These rides gave me the opportunity to try something I had wanted to try for a while. 
Making portraits out of single-use plastic waste. 
So this artist residency at the Red Dirt Studio as well as the plastics found on the streets around the studio was the perfect time and allowed me to do this side project.
Like sketches for further enquiry these portraits were done as preliminary drawing studies for further enquiries when I am back home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

News and more...

Oceans

Dismantling